Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

Pahū!

John Boone and Lucy from Rhythm Interactive visited our kura recently to put on a show for the whole school. It was great seeing all 250-odd students equipped with a drum and getting into the fun in our hall, Keriana.

When I showed John the sound garden collection in my classroom afterwards, he was so impressed that he offered to donate 5 djembe drums to support what we are doing. Tūmeke!

John Boone and I with the 5 donated pahū, plus a few more.

I had been trying to work out what the best option for untuned percussion instruments for the sound garden since I designed it, and these little djembe seemed perfect, so I used some of the Lindo Francis Memorial Instrument Grant funds we were given by ONZA (Orff NZ Aotearoa) to buy another 10. We now have a set of 15 excellent drums, all thanks to the support and generosity of John and ONZA.

No comments:

Post a Comment